1o Facts About Body Painting You Need to Know
1. You can't study body painting in a university or college.
2. There are different types of techniques and body paints.
Body painting can be done with different types of techniques. The traditional way of painting is with brushes. Sponges are also used. Some artists use airbrushing. There are different kinds of paints (grease paints, alcohol colors, hybrid paints), but most often in body painting artists use water-activated paints that are intended for face and body painting. They are classified as make-up and cosmetics, so they are safe to use on skin. In addition, many of these paints are fragrance-free and also vegan. The same paints are used for children’s face painting so they are suitable for sensitive skin too and are easy to wash away.
With paints you can combine prosthetics and special effects make-up, and of course glue on gems and glitters. These are all meant for skin so remember, no hot glue or house paint!
3. Anyone can be body painted.
4. 99% of people would like to get painted again.
5. Body painting is used for numerous purposes and occasions.
6. Body painting is also fit for private clients.
7. Full body painting can take up to 12 hours.
8. Body painting unites people.
Body painting is also international in a way that we get booked for jobs abroad. I’ve been teaching and judging competitions around the world, creating commercial body painting for PR event and for example being a guest in a Swedish live talk show painting and talking about my art. PS: I’d love to travel more for work, so any project or campaign you have anywhere in the world and you need some exceptional art for it, I’m the artist for you.